Saturday, October 20, 2012

This too shall pass

(I posted this on my online birth board.  Wanted to put it here so I could refer back to it whenever I needed a reminder...)

Babies don't keep. They will only be infants for so long, and that time will fly by. Remembering this can help you in positive or negative situations.

If your baby is colicky, this too shall pass (repeat a thousand times, then a thousand more...). If you're wondering if you're holding your baby too much, before you know it, they will be too big to hold. They won't become a menace to society because you decided to babywear (or not). They're infants. They want to be loved, cuddled, cared for, calmed. They want YOU.

In the blink of an eye, they'll be begging you to drop them off at the end of the street, or to walk ten feet behind them at the mall. They'll move out, move on, start families of their own. While this precious time is here, right in front of you, seize it. Do your best to see the big picture, even in the most trying moments.

For me, I LOVE cuddling my baby girl. I know that she will soon be wriggling out of my lap to run off and play, so I choose to take advantage of these next few months while they last. I'm not "creating a monster," I'm helping my daughter to feel secure, cared for, and safe. She needs me. I'm happy to oblige.

No comments: